Monday, February 1, 2010

thisisourmoment.org

Please take a moment to visit This is Our Moment and email our Senators concerning environmental legislation. Change does not appear out of the blue, we have to ask for it!

The time is NOW!


As a regular voter and an informed citizen I am appauled by the continued "heel-dragging" of my government when it comes to pressing issues of climate change and environmental responsibility. I elect my officials to represent the beliefs of myself and my peers, and expect to be able to hold them accountable for both their actions and inactions. Quite frankly, I believe that it is disgusting that here in the US we have next to NO environmental responsibilities.

I was obviously stunned by the President's call for "clean coal" (laughable) and Nuclear Power (destructive.) We need a REAL energy policy here in the US that is not spearheaded by special interest groups and corporate giants. I am tired of wealthy lobbyists controlling MY vote and refuse to let this opportunity for real change slip by.

I am not asking you to pass comprehensive energy and climate legislation, I am demanding it. My rights as an American are violated every day that these demands are not met. I deserve clean air, water, and renewable energy. As a United States Senator, I will continue to hold you personally responsible for these basic, inalienable rights.

If you continue to refuse to meet these basic needs, I will push to elect someone who can do their job and provide a safe environment for myself and my future children.

The time for change is NOW.

------------------

President Obama's call for comprehensive climate and energy legislation during the State of the Union speech has the support of the American people, and I urge you to support it as well. Among the reasons to support clean energy and climate legislation:

-- Less dependence on fossil fuels and enhanced national security: A climate bill will cut our oil imports by 5 million barrels a day and reduce our one billion dollar-a-day imported oil habit.

-- More innovation in our economy: A strong climate bill will help America's large and small businesses to grow again - that's why it has the support of 80 major companies and thousands of small businesses.

-- More jobs, and more sustainable jobs: A strong climate bill would create 1.9 million new clean energy jobs through investments clean and safe energy sources.

-- A healthier, safer environment for future generations.

I am counting on my senators to vocally and visibly express your support for the comprehensive climate and energy legislation that will achieve these goals and to reject proposals, like the "Dirty Air Act" proposed by Senator Murkowski (S.J. Res 26) which would undermine healthy air, clean energy and our national security.

Please let me know whether you will support comprehensive clean energy and climate legislation.

No comments:

Post a Comment