Thursday, October 27, 2011

bonjour from Paris

Bon soir, actually. If i'm shooting for some degree of accuracy. It's about 12:30am here in the glorious city of lights, and I am celebrating my newfound French-ness by sitting at home on a Thursday, sipping a glass of red wine, and finding some time not to study. Instead, i have opted to rediscover my long lost blog. After a brief interlude on the pages of wordpress, i found my way back to this blog, like an old pair of comfortable shoes in the back of my closet.

i have been in Paris for a little over two months now, and although i can't yet call myself a proper Parisian, i am definitely better acclimated than the my first few weeks here. i wandered off the plane bleary eyed, lost, and completely alone. Today, i find myself more aware of what it means to be a global citizen, a wanderer abroad, and a part of something greater than myself.

It has been far from easy, and it is far from over, but so far i congratulate myself on the process of trying, failing, and trying again. 

i will most likely re-post some of my wordpress wording here, reworded to read worldly thoughts, which is not to be repetitive, but more for myself to rethink and rework the previous experiences of my journey. Maybe i'll gain something from it, maybe i'll bore you, maybe i'll save myself a few more moments away from the repulsive "Grammaire de la Sorbonne" book that mocks me from my desk. 

Either way, i'm happy. 


more to come tomorrow!

A demain!


No comments:

Post a Comment